The Tigers' Blog

Jack and the Beanstalk (100 word challenge)

Jack lived with a very poor family, Jack’s mum told him to go and sell the family cow which was passed down from his grandfather, which was passed down from his father, who bought it many years ago. Jack sold it for some “magic beans” and the man told Jack to plant them in the ground.
“Nah” bellowed Jack.
So he went and opened up a bean market, sold them and made a million. The guy he sold it to planted them and out popped a beanstalk which he climbed and all you could hear was the oven and screaming! Haha!

9 Responses to “Jack and the Beanstalk (100 word challenge)”

1. I love the bean market but try to but in some more vcopp awesome piece of writing.

2. I like how you have taken the real story of jack and the beanstalk and switched it around a bit!
    🙂

3. I really enjoyed reading this Thomas. Maybe you could put in some VCOP to improve it . Keep it up .

4. Thank you Callum :]

5. I liked how you twisted the story, but maybe you could of described the man that sold the beans. But great story top marks.

6. Well done Jack, this is a great version of Jack and the Beanstalk. I really enjoyed reading it and liked the idea of earning a million from a bean market!

7. Oops I realise your name is Thomas not Jack!

8. Thomas, you’ve retold the beginning very well. The ending has an interesting change. I like that the magic beans are magic for someone else. How do the oven and screaming tie in to the story? It’s a frightening feeling at the end!

Mrs. Peterson (Team 100wc)
    TX, USA